The Contemplative Practice Circle is a home-based gathering of both experienced practitioners of contemplative prayer in the Christian tradition and others who are new to or exploring the practice.
The practice consists of 60 minutes of Sacred Chant, Contemplative Movement, Centering Prayer and Lectio Divina (Sacred Reading) in an atmosphere of silence. The practice is led by two experienced teachers of contemplative practice, Allen Bourque and Steven Bonsey.
The gatherings are held monthly on a Monday evening at 7:00 pm. All are welcome to share a simple potluck silent meal beforehand at 5:30 pm. Newcomers and novice practitioners are strongly encouraged to arrive at 6:30 for introductory instruction.
- 5:30 (optional) Gather to prepare meal
- 5:45 (optional) Silent meal with reading
- 6:15 (optional) Clean-up, gather for instruction
- 6:30 (optional) Practical instruction / conversation
- 7:00 Contemplative Practice Circle (60 minutes)
Please contact Steven.Bonsey@gmail.com for more information or to indicate your interest.